Welcome to the academic year 2026-27. In this introductory session, you will be required to complete two production tasks.
1. Written expression. Write a story in pairs using as many of the following words as possible:
-Actually
-Career
-Despite
-Nevertheless
-If she/he had only known
Swap your texts with another pair after 10 minutes and continue writing them until you have contributed to all the stories. Use your imagination and be creative!
2. Oral expression. Rank the following concepts according to your personal priorities in life:
-Family
-Friends
-Health
-Money
-Politics
-Romance
-Sex
-Sport
-Studies
-Work
Make a list individually and then compare it to other students' choices to reach a consensus and create a single list. Once you've finished, join another pair to follow the same process and come up with a single list you all agree on. Provide arguments for this pyramidal discussion until the entire class produces a consensual ranking.
4 comentarios:
Last summer, I had an experience I will never forget. It was a rainy monday and I was folding the clothes while watching a movie. I thought I saw an insect but it was actually a snake. If I had only known it was there I would've never went to the balcony to fold the clothes. Despite calling to the authorities I had the brilliant idea that consisted in trying to catch the snake for then bring it to the forest. When I approached the snake , I felt a bite on my hand and the snake entered to the apartment . I firstly thought that my basketball career was going to finish and that my hand would had to be cut. The first idea that came to my mind was trying to kill the snake. Nevertheless I decided to call the ambulance so they could tell me what happened to my hand. When they arrived, they caught the snake and transported it to the forest. Also doctors told me that my hand was going to be okey and I could continue with my basketball career.
Last summer, I was planning a trip to Maldivas with my group of friends. We were five; Marta, Pol, Laia, Marc and me, Sara. on our dream trip
We didn't really know if we could go there, since it's too expensive. Despite that, we didn't give up on our dream trip.
We decided to search for a web where you had anonymous places to go and you only figured it out once you where at your destination. Many of my friends weren't happy about the idea, nevertheless, they ended up agreeing. They didn't only agreed, they actually bought the flights themselves.
If they had only known this website existed, we wouldn't have argues in the first place.
When we finally arrived to the suposed appartment, wee only saw an abandoned house. We didn't knew how to act so I had to show all i had learned in all that years of my career, woorking on laws at different companies. I tried to talk with the company and the local police. After a lot of insistance we finally got a three floor house totally free. It was a really good way to start de trip.
My family and I wanted to visit Morocco this summer but we actually ended up going to Ibiza. However, months later, we realized that the flights to Morocco were cheaper in other websites. If we had only known that, we could've visited Morocco instead of Ibiza. My sisters dream was to visit the moroccon desert so my parents bought four flights Barcelona - Rabat for only 70 euros, on November. Actually I think it's the best month for going to Morocco because is not that hot. When we gave her the surprise she was very happy I never saw her that much exited before. Months later, November arrived and we started the best experience of our lifes. She fell in love with a camel and a local worker was not really happy about it. He was the owner and he used it to go to college everyday, since he was studying and wanted to have a professional career. Despite his anger, he decided to give it to my sister, she was so excited about that camel he ofered him her car! What a crazy trip!
Two months ago, in July, Rodrigo and his friends went to Barcelona for vacation. Rodrigo was obsessed on trying paella and despite the recomendation of a local friend he decided to bring his friends to a restaurant located in the middle of La Rambla. If he had only known what would happend he clearly wouldn't went to that restaurant.
When they arrived, Rodrigo and his friends were complitelly shocked. It was the most weird restaurant they never went. The boss of the restaurant recived them with a strange greeting.
The waiters started to sing what seemed to be a ritual song and some weird movements.
Rodrigo and his friends thought that was a weird behaviour but they thoughts that, maybe, it was something that people did there.
It turned out that the boss was actually into chinese culture and since Rodrigo is chinese he thought that that was a typical thing to do.
From that moment, when Rodrigo would come back to Barcelona with his career colleagues, he would explain this storie all the time.
Publicar un comentario